- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- In lieu of degree, will consider 2 years of law enforcement experience plus advanced law enforcement certification and/or experience such as investigations, cyber-crime specialist, special weapons and tactics (S.W.A.T.) and/or supervisory experience
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) required; Certification as a Peace Officer must be completed prior to making application; Must hold a PBLE classification if P.O.S.T. certified after 1982 or the equivalent prior to 1983; Advanced Certifications (Instructor, Drug Identification, etc.) a plus
- Minimum 2 years of previous sworn law enforcement patrol/investigative experience required Certification.
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) required
- Certification as a Peace Officer must be completed prior to making application
- Must hold a PBLE classification if P.O.S.T. certified after 1982 or the equivalent prior to 1983
- Advanced Certifications (Instructor, Drug Identification, etc.) a plus
All applicants for employment with the Fulton County Schools Police Department are subject to a thorough background investigation to verify the accuracy of statements provided within the application and to confirm your qualification for employment.
The following factors are some of those that would be cause for disqualification:
- Any conviction of an offense punishable by one or more years imprisonment (felony). This includes cases falling under the First Offender Act and expunged/sealed cases.
- Any federal, state, or local circumstance that would prohibit you from legally possessing a firearm
- Pending traffic or criminal charges
- Deliberate omissions or falsehoods
- Any repeated convictions of an offense indicating disrespect for the law, a lack of good moral character or disposition towards violence and disorder
- Discharge from employment, where such discharge indicates poor behavior and/or an inability adjusting to discipline
- Any discharge documentation suggesting that service ended under less than Honorable conditions
- A conviction for any domestic violence offense
- Failure to pass all medical, physical, psychological examinations
- Use of illegal drugs
- A conviction for DUI, Alcohol/Drugs
- Two (2) or more moving violation convictions within 7 years prior to the date of application
- A driver's license that is currently suspended, revoked or expired
- A conviction for vehicular homicide, or hit and run (leaving the scene of an accident)
- Current probation or parole status
Salary Range for 2022-2023
For 205-Day Position:
Actual salary placement will be based on Fulton County Board of Education experience calculations from the Non-Teaching Salary Schedule A-205, Professional Scale. Salary placement with Fulton County Schools is non-negotiable.